- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
Because I grew up in a family of teachers, tutoring others seemed to me to be the norm.
- Specialties – What subjects are you best at?
I am best at Chemistry, Physics, Math, and English.
- What days and times are you available to tutor?
I am available to tutor Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays after 3:00 PM and anytime Saturday and Sunday.
- Where did or are you attending school? What degrees do you have?
I am currently attending California State University, Fullerton. I will be graduating 2016 with a BS in Biochemistry and a BA in German.
- What cities are you okay with tutoring in (i.e. how far are you willing to drive to tutor)?
Chino Hills, Chino, Ontario, Eastvale, Corona, Mira Loma, Norco, Diamond Bar, Rancho Cucamonga, Pomona, Upland, Claremont and Orange County
- Where do you want to tutor? In public areas only or in both Public and In-Home Tutoring?
Both Public and In-Home tutoring are acceptable.
- What are your hobbies when you are not working?
When I am not working I have a whole host of hobbies. I make music with friends and am learning to play the Piano, Guitar, and Harmonica. I am learning to draw in hopes that I will be able to create an Animation made entirely by me, including each character’s voice. I spend the rest of my time outdoors, reading and writing poetry or short stories, biking, and hiking.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor?
Working as a tutor my biggest accomplishment was a student who came to me struggling with chemistry, calling it his “most hated subject”, and within the time span of the year went on to calling it a fascinating subject which he no longer hated. To spark an interest of learning into a student is one I strive for whenever I tutor.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring?
I love watching other people succeed, especially when they were struggling with a difficult problem or concept, and what I enjoy most about tutoring is the “light bulb moment” when a student finally grasps a concept.
If you’re interested in hiring Stephen as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com.
We provide tutoring in Chino Hills, Chino, Riverside, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma, Rancho Cucamonga and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Prepatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.