THE TUTORING SOLUTION’S TUTORING CONTRACT
THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE:The Tutoring Solution 4031 Bayberry Dr. Chino Hills, CA 91709 (909) 238-8233, firstname.lastname@example.org (Hereinafter referred to as the “Tutor”)
|Name of Student:||Home Address:|
|Contact Number:||Email Address:|
|School Name:||Grade Level:|
Subject(s) Being Tutored: Birthday (Optional):
(Hereinafter referred to as the “Student”)
|Name of Parent/Guardian, if Student is under 18 years of age:||Home Address:|
|Contact Number(s):||Email Address:|
(Hereinafter referred to as the “Parent”)
Bills will be sent on the 1st and 16th of every month that the student(s) receives tutoring from us. Payments will be sent via Intuit Payment Network or through personal checks made out to The Tutoring Solution. Due dates will be included on all invoices/bills sent to the clients. If payment is past due by 28 days, every 28 days we will add an interest rate of 5%.
If you would like to receive a 5% discount, you must pay 10 sessions in advance.
SIGNING OF DAILY ACTIVITIES SHEETS
The parents (or guardians) must sign the Daily Activities Sheet after every session, confirming that tutoring took place on that date and for the time listed on the sheet. By signing, you agree to pay for the tutoring services that took place on those dates.
*The only exception to this agreement is, if after the first session/hour of tutoring, if you decide not to continue receiving tutoring with that particular tutor or with The Tutoring Solution, you will not be charged for that first hour of tutoring.
CANCELLATION OF LESSONS BY STUDENT
The Student may cancel tutoring by giving at least 24 hours prior notice to the Tutor in which case no tuition fees will be incurred. If a student fails to show up to a tutoring session without notifying the tutor, or if the student notifies the tutor after the tutor has already driven to the tutoring location, the student’s/parent’s shall be charged for that tutoring session at the full rate.
CANCELLATION OF LESSONS BY TUTOR
The Tutor may cancel lessons by giving 24 hours prior notice to the Student and/or Parent. Where a lesson was pre-paid, the Tutor shall reschedule the appointment at a time agreeable to both parties. If no agreement is made, the Student shall be refunded the lesson(s) missed.
Fees are calculated according to the times stipulated in the schedule and no adjustment shall be made for time lost because of late arrival by the Student.
Any lost time, because of the late arrival of the Tutor, shall be compensated for by extending a lesson by mutual agreement and by such amount of time that was lost.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE TUTOR
* The Tutor undertakes to structure lessons in such a way as to optimize time to the benefit of the Student.
* The Tutor shall keep confidential all information of the Student and shall contact other parties involved in the education of the Student only if given permission by the Student or Parents to do so.
* The Tutor shall not assign any of his/her duties or obligations under this tutoring contract to a third party without the permission of the Student or Parent.
* The Tutor shall at no time be required or obliged to execute homework or assignments on behalf of the Student.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENT
* The Student undertakes to assist the Tutor in identifying problem areas in which the Student needs specific tutoring.
* The Student agrees that assignments, exercises or homework form an integral part of tutoring and undertakes to complete such work in a timely manner
OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARENT/GUARDIAN
* The Parents/Guardians should be present during tutoring sessions if the student is a minor (under 18 years of age).
- Parents/Guardians should ensure that Students attend all tutoring sessions on time.
- Parents should make sure to give the Tutor 24 hour prior notice if they need to cancel/reschedule a tutoring session.
- Parents/Guardians (if the student is a minor) must initial the Daily Activities Sheets, after every tutoring session, confirming that tutoring took place on the date and time listed on the Daily Activities Sheet.
The Tutor makes no promises or warranties with regards to a Student’s performance as a result of any tutoring provided.
This tutoring contract may be terminated by either party at any time by giving the other party 3 days prior notice, via email, or phone call.
This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with regard to the subject matter thereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged expressed or implied provision not contained herein. Any alteration to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Where the Student is a legal minor, the Parent/Guardian shall enter into this tutoring contract on behalf of the Student and shall accept and agree to all the terms and conditions contained herein on behalf of the Student. The Parent/Guardian must also always be present during tutoring sessions.
|The Tutor (aka The Tutoring Solution Director):|
|Parent/Guardian Printed Name:|
Includes Information on How to Get FREE Tutoring Hours
Plus Opportunity for Your Child to Win Tutoring Scholarship
The following survey questions are optional; however, they will help us gain a better understanding of your child and how to better help him/her.
1) Is your student currently receiving low grades in the subject(s) being taught? Please explain.
2) What are your tutoring goals for your student? Please explain.
3) Has your child received tutoring in the past? If you answered yes, was it for the same subject or a different subject?
4) Any additional information about your child’s learning style, abilities, etc., that you would like to share?
5) When is your child’s birthday? (We will use this information for survey purposes, to wish them a happy birthday on our Facebook page, and to give them a free hour of tutoring during their birthday month.)
6) In the future, would you be okay with your child being selected as our student of the month? (We select students that are working hard towards their academic goals and/or have earned higher grades on tests, quizzes, projects, etc. We then write a blog article about them that we post on our website blog, our Facebook page, Google Plus page, and our newsletter. We also give them a free hour of tutoring for being our Student of the Month.)
- Would you be okay if we did a video interview with your student in which he/she talks about being Student of the Month? Your student can still be selected Student of the Month, even if you do not want him/her to be videotaped but are okay with him/her being Student of the Month.
7) Would you be open to your student being selected as our Student of the Year? (We will be selecting a student that has been working very hard towards achieving his/her academic goals and who has shown improvement in the time we have been working with him/her.) We will also post this information on our blog, Facebook page, Google Plus page, and newsletter. Additionally, this student will receive our Student of the Year Scholarship.
- Would you be okay if we did a video interview with your student in which he/she talks about being Student of the Year? Your student can still be selected Student of the Year, even if you do not want him/her to be videotaped but are okay with him/her being Student of the Year.
8) Would you be open to reviewing us on Google Plus, after 2 to 3 months of receiving tutoring from us or after 15 tutoring sessions? (This would really help us get our name out there to more families in need of tutoring. We would send you additional information after that time period.)
- Would you be open to a video interview in which you discuss how our tutoring services have helped your child? Again, this is optional and not mandatory even if you agree to review us on Google Plus.
9) Do you know of anyone that you think might be in need of tutoring? And would you like additional business cards?
10) How did you hear about our company? If you found us online, what keywords did you type and what search engine did you use?