- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I taught English to students visiting from China for a summer camp hosted at Cal Poly Pomona. I tutored a group of third-graders at a tutoring center in Diamond Bar for five months. I also volunteered to teach English in Hue, Vietnam for a five-week summer program.
- What subjects are you best at?
I am best at English/language arts, but I am also comfortable tutoring history/social studies, elementary mathematics, and Spanish I.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
I am available to tutor Mondays/Wednesdays after 4:30PM, Tuesdays/Thursdays after 12:30PM, Fridays after 11AM, and anytime on Saturdays and Sundays.
Tutor’s schedule subject to change.
- What school are you currently attending? What degrees are currently working towards?
I am currently attending California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona). I am working towards a Bachelor’s degree in English.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far are you willing to drive to tutor)?
Anywhere within a 20 mile radius of Ontario! For example: Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Upland, Montclair, Claremont, Pomona, and Diamond Bar.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
- What are your future career goals?
I want to teach English as a second language.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
My hobbies include writing poetry, reading books, hiking, rock climbing, and going to concerts.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
– I helped my third-grade students focus better on their homework, organize their assignments, and become better prepared for tests–all of which helped them become successful, high-achieving students.
– I motivated nonnative English-speaking students to interact in English and taught them countless new vocabulary words to use in real life communication.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
Teaching is so incredibly rewarding on so many different levels. I love seeing students get excited about the material they are learning. I like helping students understand material that they may have had trouble grasping before—because many students have the knowledge and potential, but sometimes they just need a little push!
If you’re interested in hiring Cindy as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Chino, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.