- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I was a teaching assistant in a molecular biology lab course where I lead course discussions, reviewed material taught in lecture, and organized review sessions. I have also taught, mentored, and counseled kids through the Mentorship at UCLA program that targets low-income youth. I have also privately tutored students for the past 6 years.
- What subjects are you best at?
I am very comfortable with Biology and Chemistry (including AP level). I am also comfortable with any math up to AP Calculus and any subject for elementary and middle school level.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
I am available to tutor Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays after 2, Thursdays from 2-6, and any time Saturday and Sunday.
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- Where did you attend school? What degrees do you have?
I earned my B.S. in Psychobiology from UCLA in 2013.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far can you drive to tutor)?
I can tutor in Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, and Chino.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
- What are your future career goals?
I hope to become a pediatrician.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
I enjoy playing tennis, baking, and eating lots of sweets!
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
As a tutor, I have helped students improve their grades to earn A’s.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
I enjoy helping my students understand the material and having a “lightbulb click” for them! I also enjoy getting to know my students and hopefully making learning fun for them!
If you’re interested in hiring Phoebe as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Chino Hills, Riverside, Rancho Cucamonga, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School,Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.