- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I have worked as a tutor throughout the past five years. I’ve worked with students as young as 4 all the way up to 19. I also have experience working in one-on-one settings as well as group settings. I am currently working toward substitute teaching credentials.
- What subjects are you best at?
My best subjects include all the elementary and middle school subjects (math, language arts, social studies, science). I can also tutor high school level Algebra 1 and 2, Biology, English/Language Arts, History, Psychology, Spanish, and Italian.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
Tutor is no longer available.
- Where did you attend school (or what school are you currently attending)? What degrees do you have and/or are currently working towards?
I graduated from the University of California, Berkeley in 2013 with a Bachelors of Arts in Sociology with a minor in Global Poverty
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far are you willing to drive to tutor)?
I mostly tutor within Corona but am willing to travel 10-15 miles.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
- What are your future career goals?
I hope to go back to Graduate school for a degree in Global Development. Eventually I would like to work with a Non-Profit organization to provide better access to good quality education to children everywhere.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
For fun I enjoy reading, listening to different types of music, traveling and learning languages.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher? For example: Helped student go from a C in math to an A.
As a former SES (supplemental educational services) tutor I have helped various students catch up to grade level as well as pass previously failing classes.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
My favorite part of tutoring is that moment when a concept finally clicks with a child. It’s great to see the face of a child when they finally understand something that they had previously been struggling with.
If you’re interested in hiring Leslie as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Corona, Eastvale, Riverside, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School,Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.