- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I have tutored as well as mentored for three years. I have worked with students of all ages with different subjects. I tutored students at a juvenile detention center in Iowa. I also tutored Latin American middle schoolers in Iowa.
- What subjects are you best at?
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
Available to tutor on weekdays at 3 PM and later.
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- Where did you attend school? What degrees do you have?
I attended Grinnell College in Grinnell, LA for two years. I am currently attending Citrus College majoring in Psychology and Spanish.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far can you drive to tutor)?
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
- What are your future career goals?
I hope to start a non-profit organizations in the near future.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
I enjoy doing community service. I love to go hiking, being outdoors, listening to music, reading and writing poetry.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
I have assisted students in juvenile detention centers move on to the next academic grade level.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
I enjoy being part of the LIGHT BULB moment. When a student understands a concept because of my assistance and they can succeed in there academics, it is very rewarding.
If you’re interested in hiring Karen as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Chino Hills, Chino, Riverside, Rancho Cucamonga, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.