The new semester has started for every school and this is the time to address the needs of students. We have received many referrals from local counselors as parents are requesting extra help for their students in an effort to improve their grades. We have been very busy this month beginning new tutoring sessions with new students and we’re excited to see this trend continue as we know the benefits that tutoring can bring to students. I would like to especially thank Jenna Gutman and Janine Houk for sending us students who have needed help in SAT Test Prep, Geometry, Algebra II and Chemistry.
I have been extremely busy the past two month adding tips for parents, teachers, students and tutors on our blog this past month. I have added some of our best articles below:
- The History of Valentine’s Day – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/489/the-history-of-valentines-day/
- We interviewed two prominent figures from the online educational community, Eric Sheninger from ericsheninger.com and Maggie Cary from classroomtalk.com. Their articles can be found here – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/interviews/
- We offered tips to help motivate your children – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/parents/motivation/
- We demonstrated a variety of tools that the tutors of The Tutoring Solution can use when dealing with your children, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/tips-for-tutors/tutoring-materials/
- We illustrated some tips that can help students perform better on the SAT Test, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/students/sat-test-prep/
- We Got to Know several employees of The Tutoring Solution
- Cindy De La Torre – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/442/get-to-know-us-cynthia-de-la-torre/
- Lacey Welborn – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/292/get-to-know-us-lacey-welborn/
- Zeb Welborn – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/167/get-to-know-us-zeb-welborn/
- Lastly, we honored our first Student of the Month, Nick Cianflocco; who has improved tremendously with the help of tutoring from The Tutoring Solution, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/434/januarys-student-of-the-month-nick-cianflocco/.
I also wrote my first guest blog about improving communication between parents and teachers to improve classroom behavior, titled Use the Telephone & Improve Relationships with Parents & Students, http://classroomtalk.com/?p=439.
Our Community Outreach Program is always looking to benefit the lives of students in our area. If you have or know of anyway that we can help build our community, feel free to email us to let us know.
This past month we added several students from Monrovia, South Pasadena, Ontario, Chino Hills and Corona. In order to address the growing number of students being tutored by The Tutoring Solution, we had to hire two more tutors, Nina Duong and Kaili Qian. Both have done extremely well and have received a lot of positive comments about the work that they are doing so far.
Currently, we have students attending Alta Loma, Centennial, Chino, Colony, Damien, Flintridge Sacred Heart, Fontana, Norco, Ontario Christian, Patriot and Roosevelt High Schools, and Eastvale and Wickman Elementary Schools. They are being tutored in subjects ranging from Algebra to Pre-Calculus, Elementary reading and writing to 11th grade English, World History to United States History and Natural Science to AP Chemistry. We also offer SAT Prep tutoring for those interested in improving SAT scores.
The Tutoring Solution offers an Online Writing Program designed to improve basic writing skills for late elementary, junior high school and high school students. But, to be honest, we have had people of all ages sign up for this unique writing program. Information about The Tutoring Solution’s Writing Program can be found here: http://thecatutoringsolution.com/writingprogram/writingprogram.html.