- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I started tutoring 7 years ago and have always aspired to be a teacher. As a teacher, I have had three years of teaching experience in an academic establishment, i.e. teaching all sciences in a high school.
- What subjects are you best at?
I am best at AP Biology, Chemistry, Physics, General Sciences, Language Arts (Grammar, Vocabulary, Proofreading), and Elementary Math.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
Schedule is as follows:
– Mondays: 8 AM to 6 PM
– Tuesdays: 8 AM to 10 AM and 3 PM to 6 PM
– Wednesdays: 8 AM to 10 AM, 11 AM to 12 PM, and 2 PM to 6 PM
– Thursdays: 8 AM to 10 AM and 3 PM to 6 PM
– Fridays: 8 AM to 6 PM
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- Where did you attend school? What degrees do you have?
I received my Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences (concentration in Biomedical Sciences) from Mahidol University. Certificate in English Studies Program from Mahidol University. Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching Profession from St. Theresa International College. Master of Science in Science and Education from University of Bristol.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far can you drive to tutor)?
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
- What are your future career goals?
With adequate experience in teaching, in the future, I would like to complete a Ph.D. in Biological Sciences and teach at university level while doing research.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
For fun, I like to read, write, travel, and am also interested in photography.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
I have helped improve academic achievement, used teaching strategies and increased intrinsic motivation in students, and helped students attain better grades specifically in Biology, Chemistry, and Coordinated Sciences.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
While teaching, the aspect I enjoy most is the ability to change the way a student sees the world. I enjoy helping students to really understand something that a few moments before they found so very difficult. But mostly, I enjoy showing a student how to be the best they can be.
If you’re interested in hiring Parveena as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Corona, Eastvale, Riverside, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School,Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.