- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I have 25 years of teaching experience from Pre K to College. I used to run a tutoring facility out of a church for two years, I have done district tutoring for 20 plus years, and have always been a private tutor.
- What subjects are you best at?
I am best at: Language Arts (Writing and Reading); Math (Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, upper math with combined subjects); Science (General Science, Biology and Chemistry 1); any elementary, middle school, or high school (general classes to honors only); college Thesis Writing, research help; the SAT, ESL, and TESOL.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
I am available on weekdays, in the afternoons and evenings, as well as on weekends.
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- Where did you attend school (or what school are you currently attending)? What degrees do you have and/or are currently working towards?
I went to Argosy University, St. Mary’s University in Moraga, University of Riverside, CA and UCR extension, Metropolitan State University, Denver University, and many others. I hold a Master’s in Education in TESOL; and four credentials – English, Learning Disabled Mild/Moderate, and Resource Specialist, plus eligibility certificate for Administrative Tier 1 credential. I also hold a certificate for CLAD and Autism Spectrum.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far are you willing to drive to tutor)?
I can tutor up to 45 mins from Corona, CA
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
- What are your future career goals?
Write novels for teenager entertainment with moral values interwoven throughout the characters. Write how to books on working with special needs children in the general education classroom. Write children’s books with self-made art work.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
I collect books of all subject matters to broaden my thinking and approach on life through teaching.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
I helped students realize their potential and their ability to think for themselves. I help students to develop strategies to solve problems in academics and socially in the school and classroom setting. I help students access their learning environment in order to develop their ability to learn any subject. I also help students understand there are many ways to learn a subject matter through the use of common core curriculum.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
I enjoy watching a student’s eyes light up when they get a concept or understand how to access the information learned.
If you’re interested in hiring Dana as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Corona, Chino Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.