- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I have experience in being a teaching assistant for a summer program, with that program I worked with students with autism, students with ADHD and hard of hearing students. I have also tutored a family friend and have been a tutor for my brother from grades 1st to 10th.
- What subjects are you best at?
All elementary school subjects, English (all levels), Math (up to Algebra 1 and Geometry), Science (up to high school Biology) and Spanish (up to Spanish 1).
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
Tutor is no longer available.
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- What school are you currently attending? What degrees are you currently working towards?
I am currently going to Cal Poly Pomona to get my BA in Liberal Studies and my teaching credentials.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far can you drive to tutor)?
I can tutor 10 miles from Cal Poly Pomona.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
- What are your future career goals?
My future career goals are to become an elementary school teacher and then a school principal.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
My hobbies are playing and coaching soccer, working out, and singing. For fun, I enjoy going to the movies, especially Disney, and exploring new places.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
My impactful accomplishment was being able to help my brother and watch him improve in school along with his change of attitude about school. He went from hating school and barely graduating the 8th grade to getting a 3.5 in high school and enjoying school because he finally realized he could do it.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
What I enjoy the most is seeing the students become more confident and accomplished in school. I enjoy being able to help the students turn on the light switch to their challenges. I also enjoy bonding with the children and being a support and care for them.
If you’re interested in hiring Rachel as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Ontario, Chino Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.