- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I have tutored students at the high school and college levels. I have had a student client over the course of a summer, have tutored students at my community college and I have been a high school teacher’s aid in 3 different courses.
- What subjects are you best at?
I am the most experienced and comfortable with all levels of Algebra as well as Geometry. I can also help with test prep.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
No longer available.
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- What school are you currently attending? What degrees are you currently working towards?
I am a junior at Cal Poly Pomona, working towards a degree in Geography which I will eventually use to earn a teaching credential for high school math.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far are you willing to drive to tutor)?
I live in La Verne and I am comfortable driving about 20 minutes away from that city. Examples are Pomona, Chino Hills and Covina.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
While I have not attempted to tutor over an online platform I am willing to try Skype tutoring sessions.
- What are your future career goals?
I eventually plan to teach high school level math, preferably Algebra and Geometry, perhaps with a side job or two in Geography along the way.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
I love to read books that can expand my knowledge in various topics, as well as watching documentaries for the same reason. I love to sew and create costumes for conventions such as ComicCon and I am working on expanding my comic book collection.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
I prepared one student in his transition from middle school to high school, reviewing formulas and helping him prepare for his future workloads as well as helping him develop his organization and time management skills.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
I enjoy working with a student one-on-one and explaining mathematical concepts in different ways to them. My favorite moment with a student is when they comprehend a concept that was previously difficult for them and for them to say, “That wasn’t hard at all! Why didn’t anyone explain it that way before?”
If you’re interested in hiring Jules as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Chino Hills, Chino, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.