- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I first started tutoring a First grade student as a Junior in High School and really enjoyed the experience. When I transferred to Cal Poly Pomona I was hired as a tutor then promoted to the title of college mentor through a program called Upward Bound located in Norco College. As a Tutor/Mentor I get to interact with high school students on a daily basis providing academic guidance and hold group tutoring as well as one-on-one tutoring sessions. I regularly attend workshops to strengthen my tutoring skills and am trying to improve my skills everyday.
- What subjects are you best at?
My subject of focus is Mathematics, which includes: Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-calculus, and Calculus.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- Where did you attend school (or what school are you currently attending)? What degrees do you have and/or are currently working towards?
I started my college career at Norco College and transferred into Cal Poly Pomona in 2012. I am currently in my last year of school working towards a B.S. in Applied Mathematics.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far are you willing to drive to tutor)?
I am willing to drive within 20 miles of Chino Hills: Chino, Ontario, Eastvale, Corona, and of course Chino Hills.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
- What are your future career goals?
After Graduation I plan to work in Finances possibly for the State of California. I do intend to continue my graduation in Grad school and end my career as a University Professor.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
I have many hobbies which include: Basketball, Softball, Hiking, Camping, and Snowboarding.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
My first experience in tutoring involved helping a First grade boy grow to a B student from a D student in Math and Reading. Some recent achievements students have made while I tutored include helping a high school Senior achieve a B in Statistics, helping a high school Sophmore go from failing Geometry to passing with a C, and helping a high school special needs student receive an A in Algebra 2.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
Two things: First, I enjoy seeing students feel accomplished and proud of their ability/success in academic areas that previously that have caused them to feel ashamed. And second, I enjoy discovering ways to get through to students and feel accomplished when I find a method that works for a particular student.
If you’re interested in hiring Seth as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Chino Hills, Chino, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.