Manihi began tutoring Joey in the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year. Since then, Brent says, “I see great improvement with Joey. Joey’s teachers and counselor’s also see it.”
Brent has been so happy he has already given out our number to several of his friends. Manihi Kontnik was Joey’s tutor and Brent said, “Manihi is a great tutor. She is teaching my son how to be a better student. Joey’s grade proves it.”
“This has been a great experience. Thank you,” Brent said.
Joey attends Alta Loma High School in Rancho Cucamonga.
Thank you Brent and Joey for choosing The Tutoring Solution.
I have been tutoring Susan’s son, Connor since the Summer of 2011 and recently she confided in me how happy she was with the tutoring we have provided.
According to Susan, Connor has received “better grades.”
She said she would certainly refer us to others because the “price is good and Connor has benefited from his tutoring. Zeb is always “on time, nice to the student and patient.”
It’s been a pleasure working with Connor to improve his mathematical abilities and help him when he has problems with homework.
Connor attends Townshend Junior High School in Chino Hills, CA.
Natasha Bayus (email@example.com) has invited you to
present at the following Webinar:
“Motivating the Unmotivated”
Monday, February 6, 2012 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM PST
To add this Webinar to your Outlook calendar, click the link below:
To Join the Webinar:
1. At the time listed above, click this link to join the Webinar:
This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
Webinar ID: 786-707-094
2. Choose one of the following audio options:
TO USE YOUR COMPUTER’S AUDIO:
When the Webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your
computer’s microphone and speakers (VOIP). A headset is recommended.
— OR —
TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select “Use Telephone” after
joining the Webinar and call in using the numbers below.
Toll: +1 (516) 453-0032
Access Code: 605-927-470
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the Webinar
GoToWebinar is a service provided by:
Citrix Online | 7414 Hollister Avenue | Goleta, CA 93117
Last Summer I gave a presentation to a group of volunteer tutors from School on Wheels titled How to Motivate the Unmotivated. School on Wheels has provided volunteer tutoring for homeless students in the Los Angeles area since 1993 and I received a lot of positive feedback from those who attended and received the following email several weeks ago to ask if I was interested in running an online webinar to which I agreed.
It sounds like things are going really well for your company. Your workshop for our tutors was very popular last year. I’m wondering if there’s any chance you would be interested in doing another for us, but this time in an online format. We are offering online webinars, and I would love to offer your strategies and professional expertise to more of our tutors. If this interests you, please let me know and we can discuss times. I could come to your office to run the workshop in order to make it convenient for you.
Education and Training Coordinator | School on Wheels, Inc.
www.schoolonwheels.org – Tutoring Homeless Children Since 1993
The presentation is set to take place on Monday at 7 PM and they already have a large list of volunteer tutors interested in attending. I am excited for the opportunity and am always happy to share my time and expertise with those interested in helping others. School on Wheels is a great organization and I encourage all of you to visit their website to find out more about them.
It’s a new year and we’re very optimistic about what 2012 has in-store for The Tutoring Solution and the community we serve.
We hired our first employee, Manihi Kontnik. Manihi has been tutoring for us since the beginning of this school year and has done a fantastic job. Currently, she is tutoring a student in Rancho Cucamonga who attends Alta Loma High School and another student in Chino who attends Oxford Preparatory Academy. Her passion and devotion towards education along with her work ethic and organizational skills have made her the perfect candidate to assist in developing and enhancing our reputation in the community. For her first month she spent time developing and designing our first scholarship, implementing new policies and procedures for our tutors and updating our blog, Facebook, and Twitter pages.
On Saturday, January 21 we set up a booth at My Kid’s Dentist in Chino for a Community BBQ. We had a great time setting up our booth with games and gave away free pencils to all the kids who came by our booth. We also met representatives from The Frame, a hair salon located next to My Kid’s Dentist, and Wells Fargo.
On Monday, January 6 I will be conducting a webinar for School on Wheels. School on Wheels provides volunteer tutoring services for homeless students across Southern California. During the webinar, I will be discussing motivation and providing tips on how to motivate students. If you’re interested in participating or listening to the webinar let me know and I will be sure to set you up with the appropriate information.
We received our first call today for SAT Tutoring in 2012, which means the next round of SAT’s is set to begin. If you know any High School Junior’s, we can help prepare them for the SAT’s.
Already, in 2012, we are tutoring students in Chino Hills, Chino, Eastvale, Mira Loma, Alta Loma, Ontario, Corona, Norco, and Rancho Cucamonga. We tutor students in AP US History, Spanish III Honors, Spanish I, Reading, Reading Comprehension, Writing, SAT Test Prep, Algebra, Chemistry, Geometry, Algebra II, Biology, English, Astrology, Anatomy, Social Studies and several other subjects.
If you feel your student’s grades could have been higher last year or want to give them an opportunity to excel please contact us. We have a great staff of passionate educators who want to help your student(s) succeed.
In 2011, we helped Mahela prepare for the SAT’s. He was not satisfied with his SAT score and wanted to see improvement so he called us. After working with Mahela for several weeks he took the SAT Test again six months later and saw a 180 point improvement in his SAT score.
Mahela attends Roosevelt High School in Eastvale, CA.
We helped Mahela improve his SAT Test Score. We can tutor students all across Southern California, but most of our students are in Chino, Chino Hills, Corona, Eastvale, Norco, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Alta Loma, and surrounding cities.
Find out how we can help your student prepare for the SAT’s. Call Zeb Welborn for more info at (909) 973 – 9089.
2011 has come to an end and what an exciting year it was for The Tutoring Solution. We feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to help so many young students improve their academic abilities. To end the year we’d like to have you vote on our Top 10 Blog Posts of 2011. The following blog series are in no particular order.
- Get to Know Us – Many of our customers chose to work with us because the passion we have for education. These articles were written to share some insight into our lives and why we have decided to become tutors.
- Innovative Educators – Numerous educators have shared their expertise on The Tutoring Solution blog over the past year. We have labeled them innovative educators because they work hard to educate and inspire those whom they come into contact with.
- Passionate Tutors – We encourage our tutors to take part in the discussion on education by contributing information on the subject of education.
- Community Outreach – This year we were asked to give presentations at the Chino Valley GATE Together and for School on Wheels. At the GATE Together, we taught Elementary and Junior High School students about blogging and how they could develop their own blog. For School on Wheels we provided tips on how to motivate students who appeared to be unmotivated to volunteer tutors who work with homeless students.
- Students of the Month – We had a variety of students who excelled over the year. Here are some of our favorite students of the month in 2011.
- Videos – Our videos may not have the best production quality, but I always get a kick out of watching these videos . . . and some of them have some great information as well.
- #Edchat – Educators from all across the world are using Twitter to improve their craft. These articles have been in response to some of the #Edchat topics that have come up over the past year.
- Monthly Newsletter – One thing people associated with The Tutoring Solution comment on the most is our newsletters. Here are our monthly email newsletters for 2011.
- Top Blog Posts of the Month – These are our top 9 blog posts for each month in 2011.
- Tutoring Recommendations – We have been recommended by numerous parents, students, teachers, counselors, family and friends. Read some of those recommendations here.
With every new years comes new opportunities. New Year’s Resolutions are a great way to get you to think about changing your life and the lives of people you care about in a positive direction. Lets make 2012 the year we promote and encourage education and growth.