- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I have been tutoring and teaching kids ever since my brother and his friends were in first grade. I have helped them with a range of subjects all the way through high school. I have also volunteered at an after school program for at-risk youth in Santa Ana called Kidworks. This is a program where kids can get help with homework, do fun art projects, and learn computer skills.
- What subjects are you best at?
I am best at Math, Science, and English. I am currently an Aerospace Engineering major at Cal Poly Pomona therefore Math and Science, at all levels, are my strong suits. I also have a great passion for writing and have had one of my pieces published.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
I am available on weekdays at 6 PM and later and I am also available on weekends.
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- Where did you attend school? What degrees do you have?
I am currently attending Cal Poly Pomona working towards an Aerospace Engineering Degree.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far can you drive to tutor)?
I am willing to drive 15-20 minutes from the Cal Poly Pomona area to tutor.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
I am open to tutoring students via any online platform.
- What are your future career goals?
I plan on working for NASA and being a pioneer in the Aerospace industry for women everywhere.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
I am very involved in the Make-a-Wish foundation. I am also very involved in my sorority. I enjoy spending time with friends as well as with my 100 lb dog named Romeo.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
While working with my brother, I was able to bring his overall GPA up to 2 whole points over the course of a year.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
I love seeing progress and growth; I love seeing people go from not understanding a concept to mastering something difficult. I also love working with children of all ages.
If you’re interested in hiring Olivia as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Chino, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.