- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I tutored for two years in high school at a local middle school, for the AVID program. I would tutor in areas ranging from history to math at different academic levels. I also worked with more than one student at a time, often tutoring groups of five at a time.
- What subjects are you best at?
I am best at Math (up to Calculus), Biology, and Chemistry. I can also tutor English and History.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
I am available Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am available on Mondays and Fridays after 3:30 pm. I am also available on Sundays.
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- What school are you currently attending? What degrees are you working towards?
I am currently attending Cal Poly Pomona for my bachelors in the Biological Sciences. Specifically, biology with an emphasis on zoology.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far can you drive to tutor)?
I can tutor in the city of Chino, Chino Hills, Pomona, Diamond Bar, Claremont, La Verne, and Covina.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
I am open to tutoring students via skype, however, I feel like tutoring face-to-face would be much more effective.
- What are your future career goals?
I strive to work in the field of zoology. So after obtaining my bachelors I plan on applying to either veterinary school or to pursue my master’s degree in Biology. From there I hope to intern at a local zoo under a veterinarian and possibly go into working with conservation.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
Some of my hobbies include playing soccer, reading, and socializing in general.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
I was able to help a shy student communicate with her peers in solving a problem. I was also able to help a student understand a major subject they were having trouble with and then seeing their improvement on their homework.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
When it comes to tutoring I enjoy seeing a student’s face brighten when they begin to understand a subject. It is the best feeling to see them work on their own and have confidence after aiding them for just a few hours.
If you’re interested in hiring Karina as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Chino, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Corona, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.