- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
I have been a tutor since 2011. I have worked with various students of different age ranges. When I used to be an after school tutor for Pomona Unified School District, I had my own class of 12, kinder-1st grade students, and I would assist them on homework and then do fun educational activities with them. I have also worked with Elementary-High school students in other tutoring companies.
- What subjects are you best at?
Within all my years of tutoring, I have tutored students from English (elementary to middle school) to all levels of Science (including AP Biology & Chemistry). However, my main focus as a tutor is Math – basic Math, Algebra, Pre-Algebra, Pre-calculus, and Calculus.
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
Tutor is no longer available.
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- What school did you attend? What degrees do you have?
I earned my B.S in Microbiology and minor in Math and Chemistry from Cal Poly Pomona in 2015.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far are you willing to drive to tutor)?
I live in Ontario and go to school in Pomona, so I am willing to tutor within any surrounding cities with a radius of 15 miles from either Ontario or Pomona.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
Unfortunately, I am not able to tutor online.
- What are your future career goals?
My future career goal is to become a Forensic Scientist for the FBI.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
During my spare time I like to go running, work on cars, and play with my dog.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
I helped a student pass their CASHEE exam. And I have helped a college student improve their math grade from a D to a B in 4 weeks.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
What I enjoy the most from tutoring is that I am able to help students on the subjects they are having difficulties with. I also enjoy the fact that tutoring allows me to give back to my community, like my teachers from Elementary to High School did when I was younger; they were always willing to help me improve in my weak subjects which, at the time, were actually Math and Science.
If you’re interested in hiring Yessenia as a tutor, please contact us at (909) 238-8233 or email us at TheTutoringSolution@gmail.com. To learn more about our other tutors, click on the link.
We provide tutoring in Chino, Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Eastvale, Alta Loma, Ontario, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma and all the surrounding cities. We have students from Sky Country Elementary, Oxford Preparatory Academy, Townsend Junior High School, Roosevelt High School, Alta Loma High School, Norco High School, Centennial High School, Chino Hills High School, Ontario Christian High School and Ayala High School.