- What is your experience as a tutor or teacher?
My tutoring experience started with teaching my little sister since I was 8 years old. My dad left our family and my mother was always working so I was the only one there to help my little sister will all her schoolwork. Then when I got to high school I was involved with AVID. I was also an AVID student and being one allowed me to tutor my classmates and students in lower grades than me. I mostly taught math.
Then when I came to college I had few students that I tutored – two in college and one in high school. I have being tutoring them for almost 2 years now.
- What subjects are you best at?
The subject that I am most comfortable tutoring is Math (from elementary to high school). I can tutor Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, and college Algebra. I can also tutor Chemistry (at the regular high school level).
- What is your schedule like? What days and times are you available to tutor?
Monday: Free till 4:00 pm and after 8:00 pm
Tuesday : Free till 2:00 pm and after 5:30 pm
Wednesday: Free between 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Thursday: Free all day till 2:00 pm and after 5:30 pm
Friday: Free all day
Saturday: Free all day
Sunday :Free all day
Tutor’s schedule is subject to change.
- What school are you currently attending? What degrees are you working towards?
I am currently a sophomore at Cal Poly Pomona, studying to receive my Bachelors of Science in Biochemistry with a minor in Applied Math.
- What cities can you tutor in (i.e. how far can you drive to tutor)?
I can tutor in Chino, Chino Hills, Corona, Walnut, Rancho Cucamonga, Pomona, Upland, Diamond Bar, Claremont, Montclair, and Ontario.
- Are you open to tutoring students via Skype or another online platform?
Yes I have Skype and google hangouts.
- What are your future career goals?
My future career goals are to go to graduate school and receive a doctorate in Biochemistry. Then later to become a Chemistry college professor.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
My hobbies include shopping, exercising, going on hikes and spending time with friends and family.
- What accomplishments have you achieved while working as a tutor/teacher?
My first experience in tutoring involved helping my younger sister in math and chemistry. After working with her, math and chemistry are now her favorite subjects and she’s planing to study biotech. I also helped a college student that was struggling with Algebra I raise his grade from an F to a B-.
- What do you enjoy the most about tutoring/teaching?
I really enjoy seeing the students feel so proud of their own abilities. The accomplished they just made seeing it right though my eye is just the best feeling ever.