- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/creative-online-essay-writing-program/video-interview-with-zeb-welborn/ – A video interview conducted with Zeb Welborn where he discusses The Tutoring Solution’s Creative Online Essay Writing Program.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/1263/why-is-it-important-for-todays-students-to-blog/ – An article discussing the importance of blogging for students.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/1151/nikki-robertson/ – A guest post by Nikki Robertson, Only the Educated are Free, discussing the value of Twitter in developing a Personal Learning Network.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/1160/guest-post-by-jessica-v-allen/ – A guest post by Jessica V. Allen, A Parents Passion for Learning, about trying to get parent’s involved in the learning process.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/1268/the-tutoring-solutions-student-of-the-month/ – Racheal Richardson became one of our student’s of the month. Racheal has improved her grade immensely in her Geometry class at Pasadena High School.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/creative-online-essay-writing-program/essay-writing-tips/ – A large list of essay writing tips that should help any student write better essays. Our Summer Creative Online Essay Writing Program is designed to improve a student’s writing ability.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/community-outreach/ – Earlier this month, I presented at The 22nd Annual Chino Valley GATE Together where I taught gifted elementary school students how to blog.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/creative-online-essay-writing-program/feedback-samples/ – See some examples of what the feedback looks like for our Summer Creative Online Essay Writing Program.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/tutor-profiles/ – Take a look at our tutors and choose a tutor that you think would work best with your child.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/945/paired-writing-model-2/ – Focuses on developing writing skills in a one to one setting with a student and a tutor. If you are interested in improving your child’s writing, our tutors can utilize this effective tutoring system to improve your child’s writing ability.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/851/use-your-lunch-period-to-increase-achievement/ – A tip for teachers that encourages them to use lunch time once a week to talk to struggling students. It not only helps students, but benefits teachers by lowering discipline problems and makes teaching more rewarding.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/917/small-acts-of-differentiation-illustrating-the-margins/ – Greg McGough wrote this guest post demonstrating the importance of varying instruction to suit the needs of the student.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/882/grades-hinder-achievement-part-1/ – Questions the necessity of having grades be the determining factor in student success. Do we really need grades? Your comments are welcome.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/1012/innovative-educator-maurice-myers/ – I had the pleasure of working alongside Maurice Myers for 3 years. He’s an outstanding educator and is now highlighted as one of our Innovative Educators.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/edchat/ – I participate in a Twitter Chat that takes place every Tuesday at 4 PM PST called #edchat. Each week, members of this chat discuss topics associated with education. Prior to the chat, members vote on the topic to be discussed for that day. Prior to two of these chats, I was so excited about the topics that I wrote blog posts in preparation for these chats. The first, A Community of Collaboration, focuses on the need for increased collaboration between schools and the community from both sides of the isle. The second, How I Would Rebuild Schools, highlights my ideas for developing a 21st century school.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/students/sat-test-prep/ – We recently designed three SAT Test Prep programs designed to increase student performance on the SAT’s. These programs are designed to suit the needs of our students.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/parents/motivation/ – A series of articles focused on increasing motivation in struggling students.
- http://thecatutoringsolution.com/1021/integrity-in-your-education-by-beau-hodson/– Beau Hodson from www.integrious.com wrote this article focusing on how he would have done better in school had he had the opportunity to go back.
9. Recommendations – A series of blog posts that focus on recommendations made by parents, teachers, and students – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/recommendations/
8. Motivation – A series of posts that provide tips for parents about increasing motivation in your children. http://thecatutoringsolution.com/category/parents/motivation/
7. The Online Creative Essay Writing Program’s First Assignment – A sample of the first writing assignment you would receive if you signed up for our Online Creative Essay Writing Program – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/416/online-creative-essay-writing-program%e2%80%99s-first-assignment/
6. Personal Learning Networks (PLN’s) on Twitter – An article about my experience in getting involved with Personal Learning Networks on Twitter – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/614/personal-learning-networks-plns-on-twitter/
5. A Poem by Michael J. Rodriguez – I plan on highlighting new and emerging authors on our blog in the future and Michael J. Rodriguez was our first author. He’s extremely talented and I’m happy that he agreed to post one of his poems on my blog. – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/601/a-poem-by-michael-j-rodriguez/
4. How to Invest in the Stock Market When You’re Young – This article uses information from Peter Bielagus’ book, Getting Loaded, which helps teach young people how to invest their money wisely. – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/607/how-to-invest-in-the-stock-market-when-youre-young/
3. Teachers, Improve Your Students’ Writing – Demonstrates a highly effective way to increase achievement in young writers. Teachers are encouraged to avoid assigning grades to assignments, and asked to increase understanding by providing positive feedback and recommendations for improvement. – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/707/teachers-improve-your-students-writing/
2. February’s Student of the Month Jonathan Recinos – My favorite blog topic where we highlight a student that has benefited from the work of the tutors at The Tutoring Solution – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/736/student-of-the-month-jonathan-recinos/
1. The Tutoring Solution’s Highly Effective Tutoring Habits – An article by Dr. Jack Truschel, highlighting several ways to develop a highly effective tutoring program. In our article, we demonstrate how we provide effective tutoring to benefit all of our students. –http://thecatutoringsolution.com/605/the-tutoring-solutions-highly-effective-tutoring-habits/
9. The Purpose of the Multiple Intelligence Test – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/465/the-purpose-of-the-multiple-intelligence-test/
8. Demonstrate Your Love of Learning Daily – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/95/demonstrate-your-love-of-learning-daily/
7. Build a Great Financial Foundation for Your Child – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/449/build-a-great-financial-foundation-for-your-child/
6. Start Small to Improve Your Child’s Habits – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/105/start-small-to-improve-your-child’s-habits/
5. Dr. Jack Truschel’s “6 Habits of a Highly Effective Tutor” – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/553/dr-jack-truschels-6-habits-of-a-highly-effective-tutor/
4. An Interview with Eric Sheninger from EricSheninger.com – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/461/an-interview-with-eric-sheninger-from-ericsheninger-com/
3. Use the Telephone & Improve Relationships with Parents & Students – A Guestpost on ClassroomTalk.com – http://classroomtalk.com/?p=439
2. A Great Way to Understand Your Child: Ask Them to Write – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/447/a-great-way-to-understand-your-child-ask-them-to-write/
1. Disturbing Trend: American Students Believe that Ability is More Important than Effort – http://thecatutoringsolution.com/476/disturbing-trend-american-students-believe-that-ability-is-more-important-than-effort/
The Tutoring Solution blog has been online for a month now and I have decided to provide a month in review where I highlight the greatest parts of the blog for the month.
We gave some valuable tips to our parents, such as The Easy Way to Give Your Child a Million Dollars, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/254/student-recommendation-for-zeb-welborn-1/, and why you should Give a Reason Other Than Because I Said So, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/107/give-a-reason-other-than-because-i-said-so/
We gave some good tips to our students in the SAT Test Prep category as well as How to Win an Argument with Your Parents Part 1, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/66/how-to-win-an-argument-against-your-parents-part-1/ and Part 2, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/354/how-to-win-an-argument-with-your-parents-part-2/.
We interviewed Maggie Cary from www.classroomtalk.com, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/156/classroomtalk-com-an-interview-with-maggie-cary/ and Eric Sheninger from www.ericsheninger.com, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/359/an-interview-with-eric-sheninger-principal-at-new-milford-high-school/
We supplied some information about some of the processes our tutors use with students, including Duolog Reading, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/234/duolog-reading-ask-your-tutor-to-use-this-process-and-improve-your-childs-reading-ability/ and Duolog Math http://thecatutoringsolution.com/302/duolog-math-ask-your-tutor-to-use-this-process-and-improve-your-childs-reading-ability/.
We Got to Know Zeb Welborn, the owner, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/167/get-to-know-us-zeb-welborn/ and Lacey Welborn the web designer and creative engineer, http://thecatutoringsolution.com/292/get-to-know-us-lacey-welborn/
This has been a fun first month of writing. I really enjoy receiving feedback from parents, teachers, family and friends. Thank you so much for reading this blog. I know that a lot of the information that I am giving out in the right hands is extremely valuable, so if you like the information that I am providing, be sure to make sure that it does get into the right hands. Whether it be parents, teachers, students or tutors, The Tutoring Solution can provide great tips to make your life easier.